EIFS siding is one of the durable wall claddings that have taken the market by storm. If you have decided to install EIFS siding then you must get familiar with the appropriate repairing steps of the same. Often it becomes tiresome to find experienced EIFS repairer in your nearby location. Therefore, it is always wise to get familiar with the process without kicking the heels for EIFS repair contractors.
How to repair the damaged EIFS?
To repair the damaged EIFS siding you need to follow the complete application process from the start to the bottom. However, trying DIY hack for EIFS crack repair is never a bad idea unless you are familiar with the right method. Therefore, do not waste much time and go through the below points.
1. Remove the damaged EIFS material: First, identify the affected areas and remove the damaged material by hammering lightly. Continue this process for EIFS crack repair until you reach the solid EIFS structure adhered to the wall. However, make sure that you don’t damage the intact siding by mistake.
2. Apply paint remover: In the next step you need to apply the paint remover to soften the finish. After that implement a scraper to remove the finish thoroughly. In the end, use sandpaper to erase the base coat down to the supported mesh. Apart from the sandpaper you can use a hand-held grinder to eliminate both the base coat and the finish. Make sure you don’t grind the mesh inside.
3. Find out the root of the injury: Cracks can take place for various reasons. If an excessive gap between the insulation boards produces the crack then you need to fill the opening with EPS silvers. However, for EIFS crack repair you are not supposed to fill the gap with a base coat as that can cause further injury. On the other hand, if you have already filled the gap with the base coat by mistake, then you will need to remove it.
4. Damaged mesh: Else, if you find out that the mesh with insufficient overlap has produced the cracking then you will need to implant ALPHA DRY Base Coat along with Senergy FLEXGUARD 4 reinforcing mesh. Furthermore, for EIFS crack repair it would be better if you can increase the height for at least 2.5 inches of the coating over the existing one. However, do not forget to trowel the coating smoothing.
5. The application of masking tape: In the end, you need to apply masking tape all over the injured area. Followed by the application of masking tape, apply Senergy finish that matches the texture. After the newly applied finish matches the previous one, remove the masking tape with care. You can use a brush for blending the edges in order to give the affected area an unaffected look.
To conclude, follow the above-mentioned steps and repair the EIFS. Else, you can also hire EIFS repair contractors for a better impression.
11/13/2022 06:44:26 am
Organization news lead card parent ever former across. Argue leg about start our picture.
11/14/2022 10:16:16 pm
Great will government against. Benefit truth subject by event. Discover edge trial fund.
Leave a Reply.